Thursday, October 09, 2008

debate + skull + polaroid = cool double exposures

so if you haven't read back a few entries, let me start with a brief explanation that the skull referenced herein was given to me as a piece of inspiration (i.e. shooting homework) by my crit group. i have been strugling with it since. and no, i'm not a morbid skull lover, in fact it creeps me out even though i know it's made of resin.

this week watching the VP debates I started photographing the tv screen with my iphone. i then started doing the same thing with medium polaroid. i ended up trying double exposures with sarah palin and the skull. they're not technically amazing but i'm pleased to have finally made some headway with my skull project and to have incorporated the admitedly scary skull with a new photographic technique that i've never really played with. it's the best of both worlds: stretching myself in both technique and concept. more shooting with mr. skull to come, perhaps i'll have something even better for the crit group on tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment