Monday, October 05, 2009

colorwars photos

colorwars in la last weekend was a fun competition. 100 polaroids in 1 hour - crazy! here are 4 of my favorite photos:

the four competitors pre-contest with our mamiya rz67s
me, eric charles, sita kaylin and john henry bailton

my awesome assistant (fiancee) josh. he rocked.
my color was green. can you tell?

my final collage

passers-by looking at our work.
someone said as they looked at my polaroids "oh, it's like pieces and details of people." and i thought to myself, "yay! success!"

eric was the much-deserving winner of the competition and his work was gorgeous. but really, who am i kidding - i was in a group of three other stellar artists who inspired me and reminded me how fun and vibrant photography is when you just love-love-love it. i really enjoyed the sheer freedom of just shooting with no goal other than to make pictures and it gets me back to the core of why i sometimes just need to take out a pack of polaroid and shoot whatever the heck is immediately in front of me. there is always a good photo just waiting. goodness, i love this job!

No comments:

Post a Comment