Friday, November 07, 2008

a myriad of things

i've been MIBA (missing in blogging action) for about week or so... let me attempt to catch up:

the end of my la trip was great. after my last meeting with C magazine on wednesday i did a great shoot on thursday. it was very up in the air until about 1hr before the girl (jessica) arrived, but once she was there it was smooth sailing. we went very low profile - no stylist or hair/makeup. jessica was delightful and gorgeous, having her au natural was excellent. (see below for a blog post devoted solely to jessica)

on friday i hung out with chloe for the day and had her take some portraits of me. they're not back from my retoucher yet (she shot polaroids, they're being scanned) so i can't show them, but they may be the only photos of myself i dare show other people. bravo chloe. that night we went to see my friend damon castillo and his band play at hotel cafe. they just released an album and the show was a ton of fun. i flew home that saturday and crashed out on sunday.

since then, life post-la has been all about catching up. last week i worked on jessica's images, did other administrative stuff and worked two days with one of my favorite photogs from nyc, michael moran. we were photographing the new east asian library designed by tod williams and billie tsien. i worked with michael on this building when he was in town shooting it in the spring so it was nice to be back there at it again. michael is just lovely and he's fun and mellow to work with. i'm looking forward to when he's in town again.

the big news for me is that this past monday i did a wonderful shoot with my new favorite crew. i worked with deborah dapolito from artist untied and cheryl dailey on makeup. my wonderful assistant was meigan canfield. we worked with a spectacular girl from ford named nichole. the shoot was fantastic. i'm currently pitching it to a rad magazine in nyc who shall remain unnamed until i hear back about whether or not they'll run it. i've been hustling all week working nearly around the clock to get the images turned around and they just went out in the pitch tonight. i have my fingers crossed.

this weekend is a baby shower and working on getting my new polaroid project onto the website. i also have to work on my next POI for my AD club meeting which is coming up shortly. charles gave me a cocktail umbrella for this round... i'm still scratching my head about how to use it as inspiration. stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment