Monday, June 29, 2009

newsweek!

the big news i've been hinting at is that last week i shot a feature story for newsweek and it's on newsstands today!

the layout is beautiful (4 pages, 4 photos!) and they used my photos well. this was a wonderful assignment because i got to photograph someone i found truly lovely and interesting (poet laureate kay ryan), i was given a ton of creative freedom with the style of photos and i got to shoot polaroid 600.

you should absolutely go see the issue in person since the online story is lacking any photo accompaniment (it has michael jackson on the cover and is titled "the meaning of michael"). let me know what you think of the story, i'm delighted with how it came out!

(pages in published order, my byline on title page)



11 comments:

  1. Wow, congratulations!! It looks great! Beautiful work :). I can't wait to see what comes next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful! Nice work lady!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fan-frickin-tastic! I'll start spreading the word!
    Cheers
    damon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful shots! Congrats! I'll have to go pick it up to get an even closer look ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats, lisa! that is so awesome. i'm going to find a hard copy to appreciate right now...

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh Lisa...!
    I imagine the butterflies floating around inside you as you get recognized for your beautiful work. I'm thrilled for you. big big congrats:)
    -Meigan

    ReplyDelete
  7. i found you via someone on twitter and i really *love* your definition of the new polaroid on your site. your photos are exquisite!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kudos from a new found fan in Bangkok, Thailand! I heard about you on Twitter.

    ReplyDelete